School Vision and Ethos
Here at TKAT,our ultimate aim is to ensure we drive educational standards through the provision of outstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all. We believe in the power of collaborative working and we actively promote school-to-school support. Our leaders focus on pupil progress and attainment, and regularly share knowledge, insight and experience throughout the TKAT family.
TKAT is committed to providing outstanding teaching and learning to enable all pupils to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century. We want to ensure that the life chances of all pupils in all our Academies are significantly improved as a result of our educational provision.
TKAT believes in:
- raising educational standards of progress and achievement
- exceptional teaching and leadership
- outstanding professional development
- effective support from the Centre and school-to-school
- innovation and problem-solving
Working within the TKAT group of schools, the Free School will aspire to excellence allowing all students to realise their potential and improve their quality of adult life. It will:
- Have high aspirations and expectations for all its students and an underlying conviction that they will succeed.
- Implement a specialised curriculum with outstanding teaching and pastoral support which will facilitate progress in all areas of learning
- Offer an outstanding range of facilities
- Equip its students to live full, independent lives ready to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century.
- Establish a centre of excellence providing support and training special and mainstream schools in the region.
- Effectively engage with parents, carers and relevant professionals
The school’s ethos will be to minimise the barriers to learning that young people with SEN needs often encounter and provide a range of experiences and opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
To achieve the vision, the Free School will implement a curriculum with four key elements:
- An academic curriculum
- A personal, social and emotional curriculum
- A therapeutic curriculum
- The extended and enriched curriculum
- With all elements being equal, to meet the holistic needs of all pupils.
With consideration of the challenges and difficulties young people with MLD and associated difficulties often face, the Free School will focus on achieving the following outcomes and key Performance Indicators.:-
1. High levels of progress and achievement in all areas of learning
- The majority of students to make above expected progress in the core subjects
- 100% of students in training, education or employment after leaving school
2. For students to become independent and socially competent adults with good emotional wellbeing and the confidence and skills to play a positive role in society
- 100% of students to meet their personal, social and therapeutic targets as set in their Personalised learning Plan
- 100 % of students are able to participate in a particular activity or extra -curricular activity
- 100% of parents and students are satisfied with the school and would recommend it to others
3. The school will become a centre of excellence
- 100% of teaching will be good or better
- The Inclusive Expressive Arts provision will be considered as exemplary
- The school will be outstanding in its Ofsted judgement.